With the current obesity epidemic and the negative health effects being linked to ultra-processed foods, we know that improving our diets is urgent to achieve climate & health targets.
- A shift to healthy, sustainable diets can deliver ‘gigatonne-scale’ emissions reductions (IPCC 2023)
- It is also essential to tackling the UK public health crisis – the NHS spends £6 billion a year on diet-related illness
- The cost-of-living crisis is adding pressure to people’s food choices, and government inaction on food is a major barrier to policy change.
But one thing is clear – the climate and health crisis won’t wait.
Join Registered Nutritionist Ali Morpeth in her FFM Ask the Expert, 22nd June at 4pm, to discover “Why Diet Shift is Critical to Landing Climate & Health Policies”: register now here.
In this session, Future Food Movement Coach Ali Morpeth will explore:
- Cross-cutting policies that can support better health & the realisation of Net Zero
- Why joining the dots between health and sustainability is one of the biggest opportunities we face in food
- Why health can help us move the needle on climate – and vice versa.
This is a safe space to seek advice or support on how best to de-bunk the noise around health and sustainability being two separate and distinct work themes.
Open to FFM Community Members only. Join our business membership community here.