We are ahead in Digital skills but behind in Climate skills new findings reveal…
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has released the findings of the 2022 Municipality Survey, covering 744 municipalities across the European Union (EU) and found that:
- 60% consider investments in climate mitigation and adaptation infrastructure to be insufficient
- 60% plan to boost investments in these areas
- More developed regions plan to invest more in adaptation and mitigation
- 80% find a lack of funding and lengthy and unclear regulatory processes as major obstacles to investment
- There is an ongoing climate skills gap: 69% of municipalities are concerned by a lack of climate experts
- The proportion of municipalities defined as “being ahead in green measures” stands at 27% – far lower than the 45% that are head in digital skills and measures.
At Future Food Movement we have a range of offers to help you upskill on climate:
Dive further and book your spot on Simon’s CPD Certified Impact Investing & Innovation Masterclass to explore regenerative innovation across the food system, and how a sustainable food system at scale can drive profitability: find out more.
Book your spot on our CPD Certified Climate Risk Masterclass, with Climate Risk & Biodiversity Expert Sara Rochat, to increase your knowledge of how climate change is emerging as a major corporate and financial risk to performance, not just an ESG or CSR issue for companies to manage their impact on climate: find out more.
Discover all our CPD certified Climate Upskilling Masterclasses and Programmes here.
Discover our community Live and On Demand events here.