Over 40% of Gen Z and Millennials have changed jobs or plan to due to climate concerns, according to a new study by Deloitte.
- Deloitte surveyed nearly 23,000 Gen Z and Millennial respondents across 44 countries
- Climate change and environmental sustainability are major concerns for these generations
- Around 55% research brands’ environmental impact and policies before accepting a job
- 50% of Gen Z and 46% of Millennials are pressuring businesses to take action on climate change
- 60% are willing to pay more for sustainable products and services
- Nearly two-thirds consider companies’ sustainability claims and certifications before purchasing goods or services
- It is crucial for employers to understand these generations and drive progress on their concerns.
Our Youth Advisory Board is helping food businesses across the UK understand the challenges, concerns and opportunities from the next generation.
FFM Business Members access exclusive monthly reports created by our Youth Advisory Board on the latest climate issues in the food industry, and have the chance to hear directly from the Board on their wants and needs, by attending the Youth Advisory Board meetings once a term.
Our latest report is “Packaging & Labelling” and is available now to all FFM Business Members.
Join our Business Membership Community to unlock the FFM Youth Advisory Board.
Meet our Youth Advisory Board here.